Scribes Student Legal Writing Society
Session 3: Effective Legal Writing
Use the following articles to lead a discussion on effective legal writing:
1. Pamela Samuelson, Good Legal Writing: of Orwell and Window Panes, 46 U. Pitt. L. Rev. 149 (1984).
2. Eugene Volokh & J. Alexander Tanford, How to Write Good Legal Stuff (2009).
3. Mark K. Osbeck, What is "Good Legal Writing" and Why Does it Matter? (2011).
4. Danielle Pineres, Ten Tips for Transitions to Legal Writing (2011).
5. Joseph Kimble, Tips for Better Writing in Law Reviews (and Other Journals), 30 T.M. Cooley L. Rev. 197 (2013).