- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
- Texas Tech University School of Law
Student Society Toolkit
Session 1: Scribes History & Topic Selection
Session 2: Outlining & The Parts of the Paper
Session 3: Effective Legal Writing
Use the following articles to lead a discussion on effective legal writing:
- Pamela Samuelson, Good Legal Writing: of Orwell and Window Panes, 46 U. Pitt. L. Rev. 149 (1984).
- Eugene Volokh & J. Alexander Tanford, How to Write Good Legal Stuff (2009).
- Mark K. Osbeck, What is “Good Legal Writing” and Why Does it Matter? (2011).
- Danielle Pineres, Ten Tips for Transitions to Legal Writing (2011).
- Joseph Kimble, Tips for Better Writing in Law Reviews (and Other Journals), 30 T.M. Cooley L. Rev. 197 (2013).